About Engineering at FiscalNote
Our team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. And we laugh – all the time. You'll get the opportunity to work at an institution pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to continuously evolving engineering obstacles.
About the Role
Constantly iterating our products to even more exciting technological heights, we rely heavily on our DevOps Engineer to manage and maintain our core infrastructure. Because our agile environment moves incredibly fast, our DevOps Engineer must have the experience and skill set to provide the most efficient conditions for our engineers and data scientists to thrive. As we grow, it’s critical that our DevOps Engineer actively explore new technologies that will further our efforts to unlock open data and make it useful across industries.
• Automate, maintain and scale a cloud-based production environment
• Leverage your extensive knowledge of Linux and security practices to ensure that our systems and data are secure
• Continually monitor the health and uptime of our production environment and its dependencies
• Respond to any infrastructure issues in order to meet customer and internal SLAs
• Work in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor
• Communicate with both technical and non-technical employees across all functional areas
• Use continuous deployment tools in order to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments
• The ability to code or script in Bash and Python. Ruby a bonus
• Extensive system administration experience with Linux-based systems and the ability to quickly troubleshoot production issues
• Extensive knowledge of AWS cloud-based environment
• Proficiency in maintaining relational and non-relational databases including Elasticsearch and PostgreSQL
• Built, configured, and maintained an ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana stack
• Experience configuring, deploying, and supporting networking monitoring tools including Nagios, Check_MK, and Prometheus
• Experience in deploying applications in a container environment including Amazon ECS, ECR, and Docker
• Configured and maintained a message queueing protocol like RabbitMQ or Logstash PQ
• Experience with design and support of an automated DevOps pipeline using tools such as Github, Jenkins, and Terraform. CircleCI a bonus
• Built, configured, and maintained Puppet and MCollective. Bonus for knowing Chef, Ansible, or other configuration management tools
• Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, including application layer protocols (e.g. DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.) and firewalls
• Supported and configured services/libraries like NGINX, rsyslogd, apt, BIND, Kerberos, Docker, Java, and OpenSSL
• A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.