About the Position
The FiscalNote Research team is seeking Machine Learning Engineers that have an interest and background in developing and deploying statistical, NLP, and Machine Learning enabled applications. As a Machine Engineer, you’ll help scale and improve the core of our data processing and analysis systems using various NLP, Machine Learning, and Information Retrieval technologies. You’ll work closely with our researchers and engineers to define performant solutions to complex open-ended problems, and play a critical role in delivering them to the thousands of organizations that depend on FiscalNote.
You have a strong grasp of how to architect scalable and robust solutions that can take a beating. You’re guided equally by your own intuition and delivering the best results to the customer. You’re comfortable around ambiguity with a high degree of autonomy, and are excited about solving complex, open-ended problems by distilling the complexity as simply as necessary to build solutions that work. Along the way, you’re comfortable communicating what you’re thinking to both technical and non-technical audiences, taking in others’ ideas as well as expressing your own. You’ve built or deployed statistical solutions, especially involving NLP and ML, and are excited about productionizing research to push the bounds of people’s expectations.
• Improve FiscalNote’s AI core in multiple ways, from optimizing algorithms to building scalable, high-performance models and data structures using various NLP, Machine Learning, and Information Retrieval technologies
• Participate in the full development cycle to design and deploy services to efficiently productionize research solutions and evaluate quality and monitor performance
• Design and implement data pipelines for data ingestion, validation, cleaning, and monitoring
• Design and implement proof of concept solutions
• Collaborate with Research, Engineering, and Product in defining solutions and technical strategy
• Degree in Computer Science or related field, or relevant industry experience
• 6+ years experience developing applications at scale as a software engineer (especially data engineering)
• Strong software engineering skills, and proficiency Python
• Knowledge and experience with some combination of computational frameworks, storage solutions, data pipelines, and cloud technologies (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redshift, S3, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Docker)
• Basic knowledge of ML and NLP
• Inquisitive mindset with a focus on productionizing research projects
• Good written and spoken communication in English
• Practical industry experience working on AI, NLP, machine learning, or statistical analysis projects
About the Research Team
Our Research Team is tasked to dig deep into interesting, complex, and oftentimes noisy data and come up with valuable insights that not only describe the way the world is now, but provide actionable insights to help shape what it will look like in the future. FiscalNote aims to fundamentally alter the way people and organizations across industries make decisions by leveraging Artificial Intelligence, particularly machine learning and natural language processing, to provide real-time analysis and information that reduces political uncertainty and creates a more transparent legal system. Our platforms analyze unstructured data relating to policy and governments across countries and levels of government in order to provide our customers with an unprecedented level of automated analysis.
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and drive by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify