About the Role
The Staff Accountant is responsible for carrying out day-to-day accounting activities including processing accounts payable, performing check runs, invoicing clients, reconciling cash receipts and disbursements, and processing expense reports. Additionally, the Staff Accountant helps support the financial close process and interact directly with auditors to help facilitate the audit/review of annual and financial statements.
- Play a key role in the preparation of internal and external financial reporting
- Process and record accounts payable transactions and ensure that all invoices and expense reimbursements are entered into Netsuite and paid in accordance with policies and procedures
- Classify credit card transactions and ensure receipt compliance by cardholders on a monthly basis
- Bill clients timely and accurately for services provided and follow up on outstanding amounts
- Perform account analysis and detailed reconciliations for all bank statements, fixed assets, prepaid expenses, and accruals on a monthly basis
- Partner in supporting payroll processing and quarterly sales commissions
- Develop industry-specific policy expertise
- Prepare work papers supporting the close process and month end balances
- Execute key accounting processes to ensure transactions are captured in the financial reporting systems and are compliant from a control and accounting policy standpoint
- Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies and help create new policies
- Assist with annual audit requirements and coordination with external auditors
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA certification preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in corporate or public accounting
- Strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of accounting concepts in a startup SaaS company such as revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, capitalized software, etc.
- Familiarity with Netsuite
Methodical. Detail-oriented. Tenacious. You are a self-starter who can work with little guidance. Always on the hunt for ways to help out, you proactively address issues and tasks to ensure ultimate attention and completion. You both understand and appreciate the need for clean and auditable financial records in order to enable rapid and well-informed decision making. You frequently meander in the at-times nebulous world of both adhering to strict financial regulation while also constantly thinking of innovative and optimal paths of compliant accounting.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.