About the Position
As FiscalNote diversifies lines of business beyond GRM, the company seeks to find a leader to help commercialize the underlying technology and workflows and develop a technical platform strategy. The development of an extensible Data Ingestion and Management platform will require a true entrepreneurial drive and willingness to fail-fast and course-correct often. It will also require a different go to market model, one dependent on a collaborative approach as well as a truly technical mindset - focused on developers - in order to drive solution based sales in the future.
You’ve always been two steps ahead of everyone else in understanding where the crowd would be going. You’ve ripped the word failure out of every dictionary you've owned. You have successfully lead and managed teams and projects from scratch to integral functions and successes of an organization. You’re the person that defines every experience; there was no before...just you and your accomplishments.
- Lead incubation of PaaS business; define and execute on pilot engagements for existing and future enterprise clients
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and corp dev on identification, analysis, and prioritization of offering expansion
- Refine business model around Platform as a Service offering / Liaison with BD and other internal departments on the execution of contracts and pricing
- Define market size/opportunity/competitors and appropriate positioning
- Develop overall business case to support further and continued investment in FiscalNote offering
- Refine appropriate market and customer channels for go to market in a scaleable and operational way
- Develop segregated brand around PaaS offering separate (or aligned) from FiscalNote
- Drive communications with internal FiscalNote team and clients via regular status meetings, key milestone reviews and ad-hoc meetings and project escalations as needed
- Create clear role and responsibility understanding for each FiscalNoter and client team member to ensure alignment of work tasks, accountability and address key responsibility gaps with FiscalNote and client leadership
- Establish strong relationships with the client at multiple levels of the organization to ensure alignment, agreement and support across the companies
- Serve as FiscalNote face to external clients/potential clients, in the development of opportunities
-7+ years experience in a fast paced, dynamic organization (Start-Up experience a Plus)
-3+ years People Management experience Track record of partnering with key stakeholders in a fast-paced environment and leading transformational business initiatives
-Foundational experience of SDLC and Methodologies (AGILE, Waterfall, Spiral)
- Deep knowledge of DevOps, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), and other emerging enterprise IT technologies
-Excellent analytical and organizational skills, strong problem solving ability
-Fundamental understanding of project management, program management, cost/quality management, workflows and value creation
-History of writing reports and proposals, creating and making presentations, and socializing progress and accomplishments
- Demonstrated acute business acumen
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at www.fiscalnote.com/careers.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify