About the Position
We’re looking for an individual to manage the continued development, implementation, and maintenance of FiscalNote’s internal network. Overseeing hardware and software procurement and management, internal security, and helpdesk support, this individual will plan for and execute our internal information technology strategy for our growing business across multiple geographies (currently including DC, NYC, Baton Rouge, and Seoul). S/he will ensure FiscalNoters work on a maximal performing network with the optimal equipment to tackle their core functions.
- Functioned as an admin on Mobile Device Management software (ideally Meraki MDM)
- Built some type of office network infrastructure and/or were deep in the weeds of managing one
- Managed and implemented anti-virus and Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
- Implemented security protocols and performed relevant internal trainings
- Configured workstation and laptop operating systems with extensive experience with Apple devices
- Worked with modern VoIP and A/V technologies
- Managed issue tracking systems (preferably JIRA) and directly worked to troubleshoot employee issues
- Built an extensive knowledge of enterprise cloud services (G-Suite preferred)
- Leveraged your strong planning and organizational skills on a day-to-day basis
- Developed mastery of networking principles, protocols, and documentation as well as a deep knowledge of security principles and best practices
- Strategically evaluate, implement, and monitor our secure internal network
- Prepare and manage the budget for information technology operations
- Implement appropriate security and disaster recovery policies, and ensure relevant adherence
- Evaluate and ensure ease of use around corporate communication systems, particularly VOIP and all A/V equipment
- Monitor, triage, and respond to individual technical issues, as well as corporate networking issues
- Manage FiscalNote's G-Suite instance by ensuring proper account configurations for organizational units, setting up offboarding/data transfer procedures, managing mobile access of email, reviewing and strengthening permissions, etc.
- Oversee deployment and management of company hardware
Motivated. Detail oriented. Curious. Excited to help accelerate a rapidly growing organization’s ever-increasing need for advanced technological management and security, you delight in both getting your hands dirty to solve problems, while picking up new technologies and skillsets on the fly. You despise leaving issues unaddressed and are the type of person that will go to the moon and back to ensure loose ends are tied. Always with an eye to scaling systems, you recognize when a robust, systemic fix is better than a temporary band-aid, but you don’t hesitate to quickly triage when time is of the essence. You believe there’s always opportunity for cost and efficiency savings -- understanding that shortsighted decision making can significantly curtail a company’s ability to scale. A reliable team member, you’ve got experience across software and hardware issues, and are ready to be directly responsible for an organization’s growing IT needs.
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and drive by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at: careers.fiscalnote.com
FiscalNote is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify