About Engineering at FiscalNote
Our team has a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. And we laugh – all the time. You'll get the opportunity to work at an institution pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to continuously evolving engineering obstacles.
About the Position
Constantly iterating our products to even more exciting technological heights, we rely heavily on our DevOps Engineer to manage and maintain our core infrastructure. Because our agile environment moves incredibly fast, our DevOps Engineer must have the experience and skill set to provide the most efficient conditions for our engineers and data scientists to thrive. As we grow, it’s critical that our DevOps Engineer actively explore new technologies that will further our efforts to unlock open data and make it useful across industries.
- Automate, maintain, and scale a cloud based production environment
- Leverage your extensive knowledge of Linux and security practices to ensure that our systems and data are secure
- Continually monitor the health and uptime of our production environment and its dependencies
- Respond to any infrastructure issues in order to meet customer and internal SLAs
- Work in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced environment while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical employees across all functional areas
- Use continuous deployment tools in order to provide a seamless deployment process to all environments
- The ability to code or script in Bash, Perl, Python or Ruby
- Extensive system administration experience with Linux based systems in a distributed environment
- Extensive knowledge of cloud-based computing environments (Amazon AWS preferred)
- Understanding of code version control and experience with at least one repository (Github, SVN, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Experience with migrations to, building, and maintaining containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos, etc).
- Knowledge and experience in building and maintaining at least one continuous integration/deployment tool (Jenkins, CircleCI, AWS CodeDeploy, etc.)
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases, including PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL/Aurora, and Amazon Redshift.
- Knowledge and experience with central logging and search systems, specifically the ELK stack (ElasticSearch/Logstash/Kibana).
- Experience configuring, deploying, and supporting at least one networking monitoring tool (Cacti, monit, MRTG, Nagios, PagerDuty, Zenoss, etc.)
- Knowledge and use of at least one configuration management system (Ansible, cfengine, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Understanding of design and implementation of network management systems
- Knowledge of network and security fundamentals including transport layer protocols (TCP/IP) as well as common application layer protocols (e.g. DNS, FTP, SMTP, etc.) and firewalls.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify