About the Role
FiscalNote’s software engineers are creating a cutting-edge product that allows organizations big and small to take control of their government strategy. We have the colossal task of making policy documents accessible and actionable. Our data back-end interfaces with sources that are frequently brittle and obsolete to provide reliable, timely, and accurate information - at scale.
Back-end engineers at FiscalNote design, build, and support services for processing, serving, and managing data. We are constantly expanding our platform back-end to represent more policymaking activities of more branches of government across more jurisdictions. At the same time, we are creating new ways to retrieve and organize the millions of documents on our platform from multiple data sources.
• Design and lead development of solutions to complex problems
• Evaluate technical choices and their tradeoffs
• Write clean, robust, and maintainable code
• Mentor and groom junior developers in the team
• You see projects through to the end and ensure best decisions for the team, not necessarily your ideas, are what take precedence.
• Identify opportunities to improve our codebase
• Bring out the best in your coworkers
• Around 7+ years of strong technical expertise in Python/Java
• Working knowledge of git and AWS
• SQL experience is required and nice to have ElasticSearch experience.
• Knowledge or experience working with CI/CD pipeline and containers (Docker preferred)
• Experience working in iterative development environment
• Experience designing data models to support product features in a scalable way
• Strong understanding of effective software development practices / XP programming practices
• Ability to lead and guide junior developers within the team
• Familiarity with dependency injection and asynchronous programming a plus
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
FiscalNote offers medical and accident protection insurance. We also offer 20 days of annual paid leave and observe 11 public holidays.