About the Research Team
Our Research Team is tasked to dig deep into interesting, complex, and oftentimes noisy data and come up with valuable insights that not only describe the way the world is now, but predict what it will look like in the future. It aims to fundamentally alter the way people and organizations across industries make decisions by leveraging machine learning and natural language processing to provide real-time analysis and information that reduces political uncertainty and creates a more transparent legal system. Our platforms analyze data relating to policy and government action, alongside our clients, in order to delight our customers with an unprecedented level of data-based descriptive and predictive analysis.
About the Role
FiscalNote’s Research team uses global datasets, machine learning algorithms, and patented technology to fulfill our mission of connecting the world to their governments. We’re looking for a creative engineer who can communicate large datasets and machine learning outputs to a variety of audiences. You may build visualizations that show trends in state legislation, summarize thousands of regulatory comments, or untangle networks of stakeholders in both our enterprise product and internal productivity services. You may also surprise us with new and innovative ways to display information we’ve never thought of before. We’re looking for someone who can quickly prototype new ideas and then see them through to an enterprise software platform.
• Design and build enterprise grade data visualization for a wide range of users and levels of expertise that will influence an audience of thousands of organizations
• Design and build interfaces for internal productivity tools to display and collect data
• Create and define the best strategies and practices to build interactive visualizations for social network analysis, geographical data, timelines, and NLP And ML system output
• Collaborate with FiscalNote’s research team to develop prototypes of new and innovative products
• Work with FN engineers to deploy products that are scalable, intuitive, and insightful
• 3-5 years of relevant experience, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or similar field a plus
• A portfolio of data visualization projects, with work encompassing ETL to polished interactives
• A demonstrated mastery of visualization libraries such as D3.js, chart.js, three.js, bokeh, or highcharts
• A working knowledge of production environments (Unix, Bash, nginx, etc.)
• Experience with SQL databases
• Experience with Python scripting, data analytics, and charting libraries (Pandas, NumPy, plotly, etc.) a plus
• Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and statistics a plus
• Led projects from inception to completion
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
You have deep understanding of data visualization technologies. You’re intrigued by recent advances in AI and machine learning, and would relish the opportunity to learn more about them and teach others what you have learned. You thrive working independently, but know that to be effective you must collaborate to deliver your work to a user.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.