At FiscalNote, we build technology to help Fortune 500s, non-profits, and trade associations manage their government and policy risk. Our software enables users to shape the way the public views their organization and its stance on policy issues through workflow tools, data, and analytics. We have an ambitious and collegial culture that helps us serve our 1,300+ customers and have raised $30m+ in venture capital.
About Product Design at FiscalNote
We’re looking for a Product Designer to take our platform to the next level in usability, utility, and design. Working within our small but impactful Product Design Team, you will help drive valuable experiences for our customers in both web and mobile.
In addition to outstanding UX and design, we need a hyper collaborative and adaptable team player who isn’t fazed by change. This role reports into the Director, UX and Design.
• Support all phases of building out product UX, including user research, IA, usability, visual design, interaction design, and prototyping
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, industry trends, emerging platforms, and design/UX best practices
• Be the voice of the user, tireless advocate for simplicity and clarity of our products
• Seek, analyze, and apply user insights to create highly relevant and valuable digital experiences for our customers
• Analyze and incorporate quantitative data and qualitative insights into design
• Work cross functionally and with clients to ideate, validate, and execute enhancements and features.
• Create a consistent, repeatable set of project artifacts (including comps, prototypes, wireframes, task flows, presentations, etc.), evolving them as our business changes and grows
• Be able to juggle multiple priorities and escalate risk as needed
• Help build a voice for our product design team--define a POV around how design and UX will support our business, what is important and what should be paid attention to
• Strong self-initiative and motivation to seek new ideas, technology, and leading edge techniques
• 4+ years experience in software development, with emphasis in in research, UX architecture, interaction design, and/or visual design
• A portfolio of work that ideally includes content-rich web apps, with mobile a plus B2B experience preferred
• A user-centered, data informed, and agile design mindsetAbility to think big while paying attention to detail.
• Ability to balance consumer vision with business needs.
• Successfully worked cross-functionally, collaborating closely with product and engineering
• Facilitated design sprints, user interviews, and other info-gathering sessions, all with the goal uncovering user needs and building high-value products for our customers
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks moving into uncharted territory; experience in high-growth, high-change environments a plus
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and drive by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify