About the Role
FiscalNote’s software engineers are creating a cutting-edge product that allows organizations big and small to take control of their government strategy. We have the colossal task of making policy documents accessible accessible and actionable. Our data backend interfaces with sources that are frequently brittle and obsolete to provide reliable, timely, and accurate information - at scale.
Backend engineers at FiscalNote design, build, and support services for processing, serving, and managing data. We are constantly expanding our platform backend to represent more policymaking activities of more branches of government across more jurisdictions. At the same time, we are creating new ways to retrieve and organize the millions of documents on our platform.
• Design, communicate, and lead development of solutions to complex problems
• Evaluate technical choices and their tradeoffs
• Write clean, robust, and maintainable code
• Identify opportunities to improve our codebase
• Bring out the best in your coworkers
• Strong technical expertise in Python/Java
• Working knowledge of git and AWS
• SQL experience is required and nice to have ElasticSearch experience.
• Knowledge or experience working with CI/CD pipeline and containers (Docker preferred)
• Experience working in iterative development environment
• Experience designing data models to support product features in a scalable way
• Strong understanding of effective software development practices / XP programming practices
• Ability to lead and guide junior developers within the team
• Familiarity with dependency injection and asynchronous programming a plus
Looking to build something worth being proud of. Ready to take on ambitious projects that stretch the limit of your abilities, you enjoy the process of collaborating with team members to overcome technical challenges. You see projects through to the end and ensure that the best decisions for the team, not necessarily your ideas, are what take precedence. You delight in finding ways to use your strengths for maximum impact.
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.