About the Role
The FiscalNote - Europe Managing Director will lead and manage our Brussels office of 20 staff, grow our business development capabilities in key markets, and help identify new products, services and strategic partnerships. The Managing Director will be a values-driven leader, adept at motivating diverse teams, driving sales and inspiring new ways of working. S/he will have a proven track record of understanding customers’ long term goals and how to become a true strategic partner to multinational organizations. Able to understand true pain points and customer needs, the Managing Director will guide senior executive conversations about how organizations can accelerate the true integration of high-level government and business strategy. They will exhibit a bias for action, a thirst for knowledge, and a team-oriented competitive spirit every day.
• Develop the strategic and operational plan for FiscalNote Europe
• Have responsibility for the P&L for our Brussels-based operation including overall revenue target and management of all associated running costs
• Run the day to day operations including all local compliance issues and management of corporate service providers and sub-contractors
• Be a visible, accessible leader for the team; lead by example, inspire, engage, coach
• Lead business development activities including development of an annual sales and account management strategy
• Account Management of select major clients in conjunction with account management teams. Ensure overall quality assurance and client satisfaction.
• In particular, the role will involve contact and relationship leverage with senior decision makers in global corporations to support the adoption of FiscalNote technologies.
• Contribute to the sales strategy for FiscalNote as a global company and ensure effective promotion in the European marketplace
• Join the FiscalNote Executive Management Team and participate in meetings and business reporting cadences
• Contribute to FiscalNote’s thought leadership programme through developing and contributing to marketing materials, leading and facilitating client workshops and presenting at local conferences
• Undergraduate degree and strong penchant for continued learning
• 12+ years of business growth related experience
• Managed and empowered diverse teams to deliver outstanding results
• A network that can support business growth in Europe
• Demonstrated passion for policy and politics
• Proven you can gain the confidence of senior-level executives to win business
• Experience closing business with a SaaS company with a complex sales cycle (preferred)
• Demonstrated success leading a team responsible for meeting or exceeding revenue targets
• Strong track record of leading, inspiring, coaching and empowering great talent
• Ability to effectively manage and prioritize all that comes with a Managing Director role
• Experience interacting with an international HQ preferred (based in Washington, DC)
• A keen sense of business drivers, ready to roll up your shirt-sleeves, ability to think big picture and dive into the day-to-day to lead by example, get things done, and drive the business forward
Ambitious. Collaborative. Personable. You gain trust quickly and easily comprehend and empathize with the key business challenges of potential customers. Your keen understanding of customer needs shows you the best way to grow a business. This customer focus, empathy and action orientated approach makes you a natural leader who gets the best from teams. Your resiliency and competitive nature are core to your successful track record, and your intellectual curiosity drives perpetual personal growth. You enjoy leading and being accountable for ambitious growth and retention targets that involve challenging established market players. Your finely tuned communication skills and business experience make you a valuable executive for a rapidly growing technology and media company. You are a self-starter who relishes the opportunity to grow a brand in a new market segment.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Over 5000 organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
This position offers a competitive and comprehensive compensation package.