About the Role
We’re looking for a User Research Intern to take help us take our platform to the next level in usability, utility, and design. Working within our growing User Research & Design team, you will help drive valuable experiences for our customers in both web and mobile. You will work closely with product designers and front-end developers to ensure that easy-to-use and enjoyable user experiences get built. You will be paired with a more user researchers on all projects that you work on. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to do meaningful user research. This role reports into the Senior Director of User Experience & Design.
• Work closely with other user researchers to conduct user research and usability testing
• Synthesize user research to produce easy-to-understand artifacts for non-researchers
• Be the voice of the user, tireless advocate for simplicity and clarity of our products
• Understand and be an advocate for user-centered design processes
• Analyze and incorporate quantitative data and qualitative insights into design
• Work cross functionally with other FiscalNote employees
• Be able to juggle multiple priorities and escalate risk as needed
• Strong self-initiative and motivation to seek new ideas, technology, and leading edge techniques
• Experience in working in user research, digital product design, user experience, information architecture, interaction design, or related fields
• Experience conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry, and other user research tasks, even if just in an academic context
• Ability to translate user research into actionable user experience and product design
• Experience turning user research recommendations into wireframes, even if just low-fidelity
• A portfolio of work, even if it is just from class, that showcases your skills
• A user-centered, data informed, and agile design mindset
• Ability to think big while paying attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks moving into uncharted territory. We’re building the future. That should excite you.
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.