At FiscalNote, the Senior Marketing Manager leads our demand generation team and is responsible for leading and contributing to all Marketing efforts intended to drive interest in our company, product, and services. This is a management and direct contribution (“player/coach”) role where you’ll lead both as a traditional manager with direct reports, and by example as you run your own high-performing lead generation campaigns. To succeed, you’ll need to develop a strong command of our growing market, business goals, changing personas & growing segments, as well as a comprehensive understanding of a cutting edge technology platform.
• Manage, mentor, and lead the Demand-Gen group inside the Marketing team
• Determine and help execute FiscalNote’s marketing campaign schedule, including who campaigns are targeted at, what their goals and messages are, and what defines success/ROI
• Write lots and lots of copy, from pithy headlines to longer-form content (white papers, etc.) as necessary
• Take ownership of the demand-gen/promotional portion of the Marketing budget, and help Marketing leadership decide where to spend resources and how to evaluate those decisions
• Work closely with the Business Development and Account Management teams and ensure that Marketing efforts and resources are positively impacting our sales teams in all segments
• Gather anecdotal and data-driven feedback on the effectiveness of campaigns and messaging (from customers, prospects, our Marketing automation software, customer facing teams, etc.) and turn that information into actionable improvements
• Working with Marketing leadership, build/document procedures and systems for reporting, archiving campaign data, brainstorming campaign ideas, and more, and other activities necessary to scale lead-generation work at FiscalNote
• Maintain various vendor/contractor relationships for outsourced marketing projects
• Work closely with other groups in the Marketing Department, including our Event/Brand, Design, and Product Marketing teams
• Manage and expand a variety of marketing channels, including (but not limited to) email, webinars, SEO & SEM, events, social media, print, broadcast, outdoor, and more
• Strong communicator of different ideas
• Have a player/coach; you wouldn’t ask your team to do anything you aren’t willing to roll up your sleeves and do first, or alongside them
• Comfortable thinking in terms of efficiency and scale when it comes to process, but appreciating the details and nuance of each individual campaign
• Excited by the ability to improve the way organizations of all kinds react to current events
• Interested in some combination of news, politics, government, or organizations in general
• Flexible and willing to help — but able to manage your time and your team’s time well enough to know what you can and can’t commit to
• ROI-focused but willing to experiment and take the right chances
• 5-8 years of experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably with significant experience in digital marketing at scale
• Small team management experience (strongly preferred)
extreme comfort working with marketing automation software (Marketo/Hubspot/Pardot) and the ability to learn a new one very quickly if you don’t know ours
at least some familiarity working directly with Salesforce (building reports, etc.)
strong examples of compelling marketing campaigns you’ve executed (much better if you’ve done the copywriting yourself)
an affinity for technology (especially software) in general; learning & trying new tools, explaining the difference between different platforms, etc.
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values, which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify