About the Role
CQ Roll Call is searching for a health care reporter who will write about topics such as drug pricing, health insurance or other public policy issues. We keep our readers informed with legislative tracking, as well as news and analysis through print, digital, audio and video. This role will offer you the opportunity to break news, write long-form magazine narratives, and contribute to a widely read newsletter aimed at a sophisticated audience. Your expertise will also be utilized for podcasts, videos, and events.
- Break news and track legislative developments to keep subscribers informed
- Demonstrate expertise of health care topics
- Connect the CQ Roll Call audience with developments in federal, state and local government
- Help write and anchor a morning newsletter
- Inform your reporting with data
- Pitch and produce sharply written stories for all CQ and Roll Call products
- Work as part of a collaborative team that supports each other’s work
- 5+ years of journalism experience covering health care or related topics for a newspaper, magazine, news website or other news outlets
- Demonstrated ability in writing and reporting about health care through the lens of Congress, federal agencies or a policy-making institution. Coverage of health care as a business is helpful.
- Computer-assisted reporting skills including use of databases, Excel and other programs and tools
- A track record of producing unique scoops and compelling features
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
You are a self-motivated journalist with the drive to succeed and an eye for connecting the dots between policy and politics. You’re a team player who pitches in wherever necessary to support your team, the company and its clients, and readers interested in health care.
About Reporting at CQ Roll Call
CQ Roll Call is dedicated to providing nonpartisan news, in-depth analysis and legislative tracking about Congress, the administration and federal agencies. CQ, founded in 1945 as Congressional Quarterly, delivers to subscribers actionable intelligence from the House and Senate floor, committees and congressional hearings. CQ journalists and analysts take you behind the scenes of policymaking with a focus on how legislation is shaped, key players, the political motivations driving the debate, and how the process affects your interests. Our products and services include an award-winning magazine, topic-specific newsletters, transcripts, government documents, and committee and floor votes. Roll Call, founded in 1955, is known for its objective coverage of the people, politics, and personalities of Capitol Hill. We serve as an integral part of FiscalNote’s mission to connect people around the world to their government.
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.