About the Role
FiscalNote’s software engineers are creating a cutting-edge product that allows organizations big and small to take control of their government strategy. We have the colossal task of making policy documents accessible and actionable. Our data back-end interfaces with sources that are frequently brittle and obsolete to provide reliable, timely, and accurate information - at scale.
Back-end engineers at FiscalNote design, build, and support services for processing, serving, and managing data. We are constantly expanding our platform back-end to represent more policymaking activities of more branches of government across more jurisdictions. At the same time, we are creating new ways to retrieve and organize the millions of documents on our platform from multiple data sources.
• Show an eagerness and passion to develop technical solutions
• Display the ability to be a quick learner and to work in a team environment
• Demonstrate good communication skills and not afraid to speak and express your opinion
• Write clean, robust, and maintainable code
• Identify opportunities to improve our codebase
- A good, fundamental knowledge in Python/Java (object-oriented programming); 1 or 2 years of experience is a plus
• Strong SQL experience
• A strong understanding of effective software development practices
• Familiarity with dependency injection and asynchronous programming a plus
• Knowledge of Git or SVN is a plus
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age.
FiscalNote offers medical and accident protection insurance. We also offer 20 days of annual paid leave and observe 11 public holidays.