At FiscalNote, we build technology to help Fortune 500s, non-profits, and trade associations manage their government and policy risk. Our software enables users to shape the way the public views their organization and its stance on policy issues through workflow tools, data, and analytics. We have an ambitious and collegial culture that helps us serve our 1,300+ customers and have raised $30m+ in venture capital.
About the Role
We’re looking for a UX Researcher to take help us take our platform to the next level in usability, utility, and design. Working within our growing User Research & Design team as part of our FN Labs initiative, you will help drive valuable experiences for our customers in both web and mobile. You will work closely with product designers and front-end developers to ensure that easy-to-use and enjoyable user experiences get built. You will be on the ground floor of building out FN Labs at FiscalNote, our user research, prototyping, and testing team.
• Work closely with other UX researchers to conduct user research and usability testing
• Create comprehensive research plans and be able to lead user research initiatives
• Synthesize user research to produce easy-to-understand artifacts for non-researchers
• Be the voice of the user, a tireless advocate for simplicity and clarity of our products
• Understand and be an advocate for user-centered design processes
• Analyze and incorporate quantitative data and qualitative insights into design
• Work cross-functionally with other FiscalNote employees
• Be able to juggle multiple priorities and escalate risk as needed
• Strong self-initiative and motivation to seek new ideas, technology, and leading edge techniques
• 3+ years of experience working in user research, digital product design, user experience, information architecture, interaction design, or related fields
• Strong experience conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry, and other user research tasks
• Ability to translate user research into actionable user experience and product design
• Experience turning user research recommendations into wireframes and design recommendations, even if just low-fidelity
• A portfolio of work that you can talk through
• A user-centered, data informed, and agile design mindset
• Ability to think big while paying attention to detail
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks moving into uncharted territory. We’re building the future. That should excite you.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.