About the Role
The Product Marketing Manager supports the Marketing Director with all go-to-market strategies for FiscalNote products and solutions, ensuring that our messaging, value propositions and sales materials continue to resonate strongly with prospects, customers, and partners. This individual will work closely with Business Development, Product, and the rest of the Marketing team to ensure consistency and strength of execution on all marketing initiatives. S/he will help develop and manage external product position and messaging including materials on the corporate website and those used in sales enablement. Quickly becoming an expert in our products, market, customers, and competition, the Product Marketing Manager must rapidly synthesize disparate and evolving data into a position and craft messaging that connects with both internal stakeholders and customers.
- Develop product positioning and messaging that clearly articulates the benefits and differentiation of FiscalNote’s product suite in the market
- Plan and drive all go-to-market activities for new positioning and enhanced products
- Own product and competitive positioning, sales enablement, market & competitive analysis, and product launches
- Work closely with Product and Business Development teams to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages; identifying, prioritizing, and launching product modifications and additions to improve customer satisfaction, revenue, and retention
- Coordinate launches of new products, including cross-functional plan implementation and release management- Partner with Business Development management to communicate the value proposition of the products to the Business Development team and develop the sales tools that support the selling process for our products; develop product collateral for all audiences (publishers, networks, press, etc.) including demos, sales presentations & training, FAQs, one-sheets, and other product collateral as needed
- Leverage your market and competitive intelligence to become an expert on several products and the buying criteria by both differentiating FiscalNote products from competitors and positioning such products against other offerings in meaningful ways
- Collect, analyze, and distribute customer and competitive intelligence- Establish and maintain a marketing relationship with key customers who are willing to act as references for case studies, speaking events, and video testimonials
- Conduct win/loss interviews and report findings to relevant stakeholders
- Develop and manage marketing collateral and sales tools including sales presentations, ROI analysis, market analysis tools, competitive intelligence, and datasheets, eBooks, whitepapers, presentations, etc.
- Understand customer needs, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces in order to inform product messaging that differentiates FiscalNote across segments
- Develop vertical-specific content to better reach target industries and partner-specific content to support our key channel partners and resellers
- Collaborate with the entire Marketing team to create and execute integrated marketing plans across channels and grow the business from awareness to adoption through engagement
-Create and leverage content that fits the audience mindset and needs within that experience (e.g. website, in-product messaging, on-boarding, blog, emails, etc.), maximizing the strengths of each channel or communication experience
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, or another related field
- 2-3 years experience in a product marketing role, preferably at a B2B SaaS organization
- Experience successfully executing at least one product launch from ideation to revenue generation
- Exceptional writing skills and creative abilities
- Past experience creating sales tools that have accelerated the sales cycle or improved conversion rates
- Aspirations to be a thought leader in your industry
- Content marketing and/or product management experience is a plus
Collaborative. Astute. Creative. Insanely detail-oriented. You have a proven track record of meticulous product launch planning and subsequent development of sales tools and communication, competitive analysis, and relevant product content that drives demand. You understand your products inside and out, and can tactfully craft messaging to entice both potential and current customers to leverage FiscalNote products in their day-to-day work. Driven to decimate any competition, you derive immense joy in not only positioning products ahead of any other solution but also elaborately and meaningfully demonstrating every value proposition.
About Marketing at FiscalNote
Developing and managing FiscalNote’s suite of products isn’t easy -- especially when the type of products we engineer are so cutting edge that no other existing products can be compared. For the market to really understand the full force of our platforms’ potential, we need to educate decision makers and potential users about the awesome power of our open data analytics. Any ambitious marketer dreams of educating the world about products that will engender new market creation, spark advanced innovation, and forever change the way humans interact with legal information. Always up for this challenge, our FN marketers constantly iterate on bold and creative avenues to expand our presence and entice potential buyers across the world.