About Engineering at FiscalNote
Our team has a wealth of experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. You'll get the opportunity to work at an institution pushing the boundaries of open data transparency, while leading some of the industry’s brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to continuously evolving engineering obstacles.
About the Position
As we iterate and grow our Product lines and clients, we are seeking an individual who will lead and manage the teams responsible for building, scaling and maintaining our data pipeline for ingestion, data management and services; mostly through Python. The Director will help ensure that architecture and implementation of the data stack is scaled to meet the needs of the business. More importantly, the Director will ensure that the modifications and improvements made by the data engineering team to deliver solutions for requirements laid out by the Product team while delivered in a timely fashion, are sustainable and maintainable, and in line with the growth plans of the business.
- Manage and mentor two separate teams of engineers
- Architect and scale solutions that will improve the performance of the data pipeline
- Work with internal stakeholders to improve data quality
- Partner with Data Operations and Research to improve and enhance the data
- Build necessary tools to help Data Operations meet business objectives for data quality
- Optimize the data ingestion solution to meet business expectations
- Improve and enhance the quality of Search results
- Improve monitoring for quality and performance issues
- Develop process for improved testing and deployment of code using VMs and Containers
- Develop ability to rollback or recover quickly upon failure of a system
- Recruit and grow team as the business needs evolve
- Work with Data Operations, Product and Research leads to develop solutions for new lines of business
- Mastery of Python
- Strong technical skills
- Mentored and led a team of engineers to success
- Impeccable business acumen
- Previously built and delivered a Service Oriented Architecture product
- A demonstrated background in building and scaling solutions that leverage Elasticsearch
- Experienced in automated data ingestion from a variety of source types (FTP, APIs, Web Page scraping etc.)
- True leader in the ability to scale data services in the cloud
- A demonstrated ability in optimizing technical solutions to reduce costs for infrastructure
- Ability to communicate effectively with engineers
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at www.fiscalnote.com/careers.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify