About the Role
Do you have a knack for storytelling? Are you looking for an internship where you can be creative and infuse fresh thinking into an organization? The Research & Development team at FiscalNote, Inc. is seeking a communications intern in Washington, DC for summer 2019. This is an opportunity to bring a new perspective to our storytelling efforts by creating content for our communications channels. You’ll have the chance to develop professionally in a fun and fast-paced environment.
• Work with the SVP of R&D to implement communication plans
• Help create our internal web presence
• Generate content and share on LinkedIn
• Create presentations and decks
• Support the generation of a weekly internal newsletter
• Web Design knowledge and demonstrate creativity
• Excellent written communication skills
• Sustained excellence in academic performance
• High Level desire to help our nation address its more critical problems
• Currently pursuing an undergraduate degree in one of these fields of study: Communications, Business, Public Relations, Marketing, or Journalism
• A continuous learner
• At least a rising Junior or Senior in college; Graduate student welcome to apply
About Reporting at CQ Roll Call
CQ Roll Call is dedicated to providing nonpartisan news, in-depth analysis and legislative tracking about Congress, the administration and federal agencies. CQ, founded in 1945 as Congressional Quarterly, delivers to subscribers actionable intelligence from the House and Senate floor, committees and congressional hearings. CQ journalists and analysts take you behind the scenes of policymaking with a focus on how legislation is shaped, key players, the political motivations driving the debate, and how the process affects your interests. Our products and services include an award-winning magazine, topic-specific newsletters, transcripts, government documents, and committee and floor votes. Roll Call, founded in 1955, is known for its objective coverage of the people, politics, and personalities of Capitol Hill. We serve as an integral part of FiscalNote’s mission to connect people around the world to their government.
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.