Quality Assurance Engineer
Engineering at FiscalNote
FiscalNote’s Engineering team pushes the boundaries of open data transparency while collaborating with some of the industry’s brightest engineers and data scientists to devise, nurture, and implement cutting-edge solutions to continuously evolving engineering obstacles. Our team draws from a wealth of diverse life and career experiences that allow us to think outside of the box and ahead of the curve. The FiscalNote platform includes several features and an integrated suite of web-based management tools, custom websites, mobile sites, mobile apps (iOS, Android), etc.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer who has a passion to break things apart and help put them back together. Our Quality Assurance Engineers need to meticulously comb through our software to ensure the highest standards of quality are met. Our Quality Assurance Engineers also work closely with our product and software teams to ensure a perfect product launch or update. Finding the problem isn’t the job; it’s finding solutions to ensure the issue doesn’t pop up again! Our Quality Assurance Engineers are also enthusiasts for automation and finding smarter ways to handle tasks to help us achieve the next great goal.
- Work in a manual testing environment on SaaS based products
- Create and execute test plans/cases in multiple environments
- Test web applications in a series of web browsers and environments
- Collaborate with our product, engineering, and client support teams- Learn about our growing automation test suite
- 3-5 years of formal manual QA experience with a web application or SaaS based product
• Collaborate with our product, engineering, and client support teams
• Learn about our growing automation test suite
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing, creation of test plans and test cases
- Familiarity with the Mac OS X operating system
- Demonstrated strong troubleshooting and communication skills
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering
Analytical, detailed, curious, and flexible. You understand that the fastest way may not always be the best way. An opportunist when it comes to making tasks simpler, and an advocate of the “why” and the “how” when it comes to solving puzzles. You’re not someone that gives up and walks away, you tackle an issue head on and you’re a fan of documenting every step of the process.