About Account Management at FiscalNote
Committed to turning clients into champions, the Account Management team dedicates itself to fully understanding client goals, highlighting workflows and solutions that help achieve those goals and encouraging successful adoption of our platform across all client users. Understanding that the client is king, the team works to incorporate valuable client insight in the product development process, while also aligning with Business Development and Marketing to relay successful use cases to both the FiscalNote team and the greater world. Account Management team members are the renaissance men and women of FiscalNote -- always up to the task of intelligently speaking about any issue a client may toss their way.
About the Role
We are in search of an engaging Account Manager to act as not only our client's advocate, but also their unofficial consultant in helping them leverage our powerful open data tools throughout their lifecycle. Our Account Managers ensure that clients are using the product to meet their overall business objectives. Personable and analytical, this individual can aptly leverage policy and technical skills in setting up and implementing customized software projects while building a strong, personal relationship with our clients that leads to renewal and contract expansion.
• Manage high value, strategic, client relationships focused on developing new business and ensuring high retention rates
• Achieve new business growth targets through up-sell /cross-sell opportunities with existing clients
• Be responsible for all aspects of renewals and deliver results against monthly, quarterly and yearly forecast objective
• Lead and manage the renewal process
• Meet onsite with existing accounts and conduct needs and business impact analysis of current product portfolio
• Manage and lead pricing negotiations for renewals and up-sells
• Identify risk and work with internal and external stakeholders to prevent both client and revenue churn
• Facilitate the transition of a client’s existing workflow into the FiscalNote platform
• Provide accurate monthly forecast reports
• Actively collaborate with Product and Marketing teams
• Intelligently engage in conversation regarding the legislative and regulatory processes
• Travel to on-site client locations outside the DC area on occasion (-20%)
• 5+ years of professional sales and field account management experience in government and/or technology with a proven track record of meeting sales & retention goals
• Experience working in an account management/client success capacity with a SaaS product
• High-performance record of sales and retention
• Ability to successfully lead in-person meetings/demos with C-Suite level executives
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities, as well as exceptional time & organizational skills
• A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Proficiency with Salesforce strongly preferred
You’re a self-motivated, energetic sales professional with the drive to succeed. A team player, willing and enthusiastic to pitch in wherever necessary to support both clients and the company. Poised and confident, you are both a skilled listener and a convincing presenter with an eye for detail and the polish to communicate at all levels. You can comfortably navigate the worlds of both technology and policy. You prefer data-driven insights rather than anecdotal evidence to drive your decisions and actions and are comfortable talking data, tech and current events.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.