At FiscalNote, we build technology to help Fortune 500s, non-profits, and trade associations manage their government and policy risk. Our software enables users to shape the way the public views their organization and its stance on policy issues through workflow tools, data, and analytics. We have an ambitious and collegial culture that helps us serve our 1,300+ customers and have raised $30m+ in venture capital.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Product Design Intern to take help us take our platform to the next level in usability, utility, and design. Working within our growing Product Design Team, you will help drive valuable experiences for our customers in both web and mobile. You will work closely with front-end developers to ensure that easy-to-use and enjoyable user experiences get built. You will be paired with a more senior product designer on all projects that you work on. This is an excellent opportunity to learn how to build great products and to demonstrate that you can do so. This role reports into the Senior Director of User Experience & Design.
• Work closely with other product designers in all phases of building out products and user experience, including user research, information architecture, usability, accessibility visual design, interaction design, and prototyping • Be the voice of the user, tireless advocate for simplicity and clarity of our products
• Understand and be an advocate for user-centered design processes
• Be capable of designing how a product works, not just how it looks
• Analyze and incorporate quantitative data and qualitative insights into design
• Work cross functionally with other FiscalNote employees
• Create a consistent, repeatable set of project artifacts (including comps, prototypes, wireframes, task flows, presentations, etc.), evolving them as our business changes and grows
• Be able to juggle multiple priorities and escalate risk as needed
• Strong self-initiative and motivation to seek new ideas, technology, and leading-edge techniques
• Experience with Sketch, Figma, Framer, InVision or other design tools
• A drive to become a really good product designer
• Experience in working in digital product design, user experience, information architecture, interaction design, and/or visual design
• A portfolio of work, even if it is just from class, that showcases your skills with wireframing, prototyping, and product design
• A user-centered, data informed, and agile design mindset
• Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to take risks moving into uncharted territory. We’re building the future. That should excite you.
FiscalNote is the leading Government Relations Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and driven by opening data to help impact the world around them.