About Multimedia at CQ Roll Call
Our growing team is bringing policy and politics to life through visuals and audio. We’re creatives who are transforming how stories are told, and fostering that culture across the newsroom. We reject “that’s the way we’ve always done it,” and embrace change. We come from diverse backgrounds but we’re aligned as committed storytellers who seek the truth.
About the role
CQ Roll Call is seeking a full-time Video Producer to join a team telling the biggest visual stories about policy and politics. Candidates for this position live and breathe the news and are innovative, engaging visual storytellers.
You’ll be out in the field telling video stories that matter — from blockbuster news events in Washington, to interviews across the country on how policy is affecting people’s daily lives, to election coverage in key states — you’ll be showing the emotions behind the policy and politics that are gripping our nation.
You’re an ace video shooter and have a command of lighting and audio techniques to produce engaging, reliable footage. You’ll harness the power of our large newsroom — with reporters on beats from campaigns to health care to financial technology — to maximize reach and story potential.
You’re a self-starter, motivated by seeking the truth for your audience. And you’re a natural logistics guru — never resting until every last detail of a shoot is buttoned up.
• Pitch newsworthy, creative and unique video ideas that complement and enhance CQ Roll Call’s mission to create best in class content to guide the world through turbulence and change
• Work with newsroom beat reporters on certain projects, collaborating on sourcing, on-camera work, reporting and more
• Produce shoot logistics and write scripts for video projects
• Record, ingest and edit video into engaging news packages
• Work with multimedia leaders on edits and feedback to ensure top quality products that fulfill our brand mission
• Write SEO-friendly headlines and chatter to enhance videos on site
• Disperse videos to the social media team, tailoring packages for individual social channels; creatively leverage content according to particular channels
• 3-5 years experience producing high-quality videos at a national news organization
• Exceptional video photography skills, deep knowledge of lighting and expertise in audio for video pieces
• Experience editing on Adobe Premiere or equivalent
• Motion graphics editing experience in Adobe After Effects
• A background covering politics and policy in a major media market
• An understanding of new forms of storytelling, and a deep understanding and expertise in audience engagement on social video platforms
• A command of fact-checking and journalistic best practices
• Competency working in Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator a plus
• Video codecs & export settings understanding
• Mastery of various video processes & familiarity with using metadata/tags
About CQ Roll Call
CQ Roll Call is dedicated to nonpartisan news, in-depth analysis and legislative tracking. CQ, founded in 1945 as Congressional Quarterly, delivers to subscribers actionable intelligence from the House and Senate floor, committees and hearing rooms. Roll Call, founded in 1955, is known for its objective coverage of the people, politics and personalities of Capitol Hill. Our journalists and analysts take you behind the scenes of policymaking with a focus on how legislation is shaped, key players, the political motivations driving the debate and how the process affects your interests. We have print, digital and multimedia products as well as topic-specific newsletters, transcripts, government documents, committee and floor votes. Our journalists have won the Dirksen Award for Distinguished Reporting on Congress and honors from the White House News Photographers Association and National Press Club.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.