The Senior Manager will be responsible for identifying, prioritizing, and defining requirements for building out FiscalNote’s data assets and overseeing data quality. Working in conjunction with Product and Engineering, you will create a roadmap for data aggregation based on client and business needs, improve speed-to-platform for new data sets, build our processes for scale, and oversee data quality initiatives to deliver high customer satisfaction. There is an opportunity to grow this into a larger team. This role reports to the Head of Product.
• Craft and implement data quality strategies to evaluate, monitor, and improve our data assets. You will work closely with Engineering and Product to understand the data environment and develop data quality measurement and improvement strategies; you will collaborate with internal data stakeholders at defining data quality requirements; and will present data quality findings and recommendations to internal and external data stakeholders
• Work with technical and business stakeholders, develop data quality policy and standard operating procedures to ensure data quality objectives are met
• Define and build roadmap for data expansion (in collaboration with business, product, and engineering stakeholders)
• Architect and negotiate data acquisition strategy and contracts Understand data sources, data flows, and end-user data
• Be accountable for requirements, defining them with an eye toward scalability and replicability
• Working with data stakeholders, define levels of data requirements, rules and thresholds, based on data types
• Create data quality scorecards for company-wide reporting
• Maintain data quality documentation and coach other members on the about best practices
• Present data quality metrics and trends to internal and external stakeholders facilitating discussion of data issues, root causes, and action plans
• Meeting with clients and prospects to discuss our data assets
• 8+ years of relevant work experience
• Experience working independently with minimal guidance
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills to gather requirements from a multiple stakeholders
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Working knowledge of relational databases
• Understanding of how data are indexed for search
• Skills with SQL (a plus)
• Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
• Familiarity with Data Science needs for machine learning and natural language processing (a plus)
Data and results driven. Like Lewis and Clark you're not afraid of the unknown. Being the cartographer for the product team you relish in the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and tackle each mountain in front of you. You're someone that can boil the most complex problems down for anyone to understand, but you're as technical as they come. You don't want to just build something, you want to leave a lasting impression.
The FiscalNote GRM platform is the most effective solution for managing government impact and public issues and is quickly becoming the cloud platform of choice for global brands as they analyze and manage their government risk, opportunity, and influence at the local, state, federal, and international levels. More than 200 companies rely on FiscalNote GRM and its services.
Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture. FiscalNote earned the Top Workplace™ award for our ever growing and diverse company culture bolstered by our company values which are at the core of every decision we make. We are always looking for individuals who are excited and drive by opening data to help impact the world around them.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer a comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options including a Flexible spending account. We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FIscalNote is an EEOC.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify