About the Position
FiscalNote is looking for an Cyber Analyst to analyze, implement, and improve suitable set of security controls and solutions for the mitigation of threats, to secure our information assets, and ensure the protection of our organization. The Cyber Analyst will work with a dynamic and collaborative DevOps and Security team and have the ability to work side-by-side with other groups such as our Engineering and Data teams. We are looking for someone hungry to learn and to understand our business and join our family.
You are inquisitive. You are someone that seeks to understand the business and prioritizes data driven decision making. You enjoy collaboration and are a true team player that values interaction between varying departments within the company. You also are a self-starter, enjoy wearing different hats, and can take constructive criticism.
• Work on the Vulnerability Management workstream, conducting scans and analyzing results from vulnerability scanning tools. Work with other departments to prioritize remediation efforts
• Delve into the Log Management & Analysis workstream to evaluate and implement a centralized log management and analysis solution. You’ll help define and onboard log data sources, create alert conditions by correlating aggregated logs, and monitoring and escalating said alerts to appropriate stakeholders
• Apply experience and work with Intrusion Detection System (IDS), assist in expanding IDS to cover company-wide networks. You’ll review security events and create automated alerts, analyze possible issues, and escalate when necessary. You’ll help fine tune the IDS rules and configurations to balance performance and noise
• Assist in developing Business Continuity, assist various departments with planning their business continuity
- Be involved with Information Assurance, to ensure compliance with internal security controls, gather evidence and design security controls, architecture, and evaluate solutionsIdentify and report security issues and non-compliance
• Develop strong relationships with various internal businesses and departments
• Assist the information security manager with projects and other duties as assigned to meet ongoing business needs
• 1-3 years of experience in the field of information securityExperience with SIEM or Log Management & Analysis technology
• Experience with incident response and coordinationExperience with an Intrusion Detection System (IDS), IDS event analysis, threat hunting, and response
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience gathering and analyzing large amounts of data, generating reports, presenting information, and providing recommendations
• Knowledge on how to implement and operate best network security practices
• Demonstrable experience interacting and communicating with internal stakeholders/customers with diplomacy and tact
• Demonstrative knowledge of key technical skills and concepts including: information security control concepts and solutions; security compliance requirements; and security assurance/assessment methodologies
• BS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
About the DevOps & Security Team
DevOps, the secret sauce between Information Technology and Operations. The true definition of building the plane while flying. The DevOps team has one singular goal; to change and improve the relationship by advocating better communication and collaboration between IT and Operations. They are responsible for maintaining the network, infrastructure, and support of our applications. They are high performing, seek to empower individuals, and truly work to maintain and continue a collaborative working environment. Our hope is to bring on someone with the will and passion to grow an enterprise organization and build the rest of FiscalNote while we take flight.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.