About the Position
FiscalNote is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to be a founding member in building out the Business Intelligence and Analytics team. You recognize the value of properly collecting, managing, analyzing and reporting data to improve operational efficiencies, customer experience, and financial performance, and want to be the architect of a centralized data warehouse and enterprise level analytics and reporting platform that impacts decision making across the company. You will work closely with our product, engineering, and operations teams to build a robust and scalable analytics stack that supports reporting and advanced analytics and modeling on how our business is performing, how we interact with our clients and prospects and how they use our products.
You understand that business teams need to have trust in the accuracy of incoming data in order to shape their decision making around it, and become uncomfortable when you notice anything is amiss and choose to relentlessly seek solutions. You believe that data and analytics need to be relevant, actionable, and timely and that the most comprehensive data collection and accurate analytical model that does not change action is useless. You’re comfortable around ambiguity with a high degree of autonomy, and are excited about solving complex, open-ended problems by distilling the complexity as simply as necessary to build solutions that work. Along the way, you’re capable of communicating what you’re thinking to both technical and non-technical audiences, taking in others’ ideas as well as expressing your own.
- Work with internal business stakeholders to gather data and reporting requirements and drive development of data models, pipelines and platforms to extract and consume data for reporting and analysis tools
- Work with business and engineering teams to build and maintain integration points and efficient ETL pipelines
- Build, test, and maintain a scalable and robust analytics stack
- Create and govern data warehouse architecture and data quality and integrity
- Serve as BI architecture expert and communicate technical expertise internally to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 5+ years combined in data engineering and business intelligence
- 5+ years of database expertise, including advanced SQL
- Hands on experience designing, architecting and building data analytics stacks
- Experience working with large structured and unstructured data sets in a distributed framework
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to understand business and technical processes
- An independent motivation to solve problems
- Demonstrated data reporting and visualization experience a plus
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
About the Business Intelligence and Analytics Team
Our Business Intelligence and Analytics Team is responsible for collecting and analyzing data to provide insights into improving business operations, product usage and customer experience across multiple platforms and thousands of clients, and financial performance. It’s core mission is to understand the business and impact decision making across all departments through the use of data.
FiscalNote is the leading Issues Management platform. Our mission is to build the world’s most powerful platform for analyzing government risk and opportunity. For organizations facing government impact, FiscalNote is the platform for professionals to plan and execute their organization’s government risk strategy. Organizations rely on FiscalNote because of its accurate and relevant information, cutting-edge analytics, and ease of use. Our fierce curiosity and insatiable urge for the next challenge pours into our company culture.
FiscalNote offers competitive salaries, equity packages, and retirement accounts to ensure we’re all FN owners. We work hard, so we want you to play hard; our open vacation policy and vacation expense contribution help us ensure you’re getting the R&R you need. We offer comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance options supplemented by a flexible spending account (FSA). We have a slew of other benefits which you can check out at careers.FiscalNote.com.
FiscalNote values diversity. We are committed to equal opportunities and creating an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, race, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation or age. FiscalNote is an EEOC employer.
FiscalNote uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all new employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.DHS.gov/E-Verify.